A Sweet Recipe: Raspberry Chocolate Pie
What happens when you combine the fruit known to represent kindness and a sweet symbol of love and commitment?
Raspberry Chocolate Pie.
We recently dug into some old recipes from Williamsburg Winery Founder Patrick Duffeler and uncovered this sweet piece, perfect for a quiet, romantic night at home, a special occasion or just because.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 Chocolate Graham Cracker or Oreo Pie Crust (9 inch)
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 can (14 ounces) Borden’s chocolate sweetened condensed milk
- 10 ounces frozen whole raspberries in syrup
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- chocolate semi-sweet sprinkles
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine egg yolks and sweetened condensed milk in mixing bowl.
- Beat with mixer at high speed until light and fluffy. Approximately five minutes.
- Gradually beat in thawed raspberries.
- Pour mixture into crust.
- Bake for six to eight minutes, or until filling sets.
- Remove from oven and cool to room temperature.
- Refrigerate four hours.
- Place heavy whipping cream in chilled bowl and beat until soft peaks form.
- Add sugar and beat the cream until stiff.
- When ready to serve, spread topping over pie and garnish with chocolate sprinkles. For best results, serve within one hour of adding whipped cream.
Consider pairing the Vin Licoreux de Framboise – Wine with Raspberry – with this delectable dessert. This Raspberry Wine is a blend of raspberry and red wine. The red grape wine is comprised predominately of Merlot. Ultimately, the raspberry character is the most forward with the red grape wine following on the back palette. The combination of both flavor profiles offers a nice balance of the different fruits and the particular nuances they each share. This is a very pleasant dessert wine which will go with many desserts, but we strongly recommend anything with the word chocolate in it.
This recipe was originally shared by Williamsburg Winery Founder Patrick Duffeler in a Christmas card to friends and family.