Rock-On With Oysters Rockefeller
Thank goodness for that brave man who ate that first oyster. Because, ever since, we’ve been eating them as often as possible.
Raw. Steamed. On the half-shell.
And, whenever we can, Rockefeller style.
Enjoy this, Wessex Hundred Chef de Cuisine David McClure’s own Oyster Rockefeller recipe!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 8 ounces spinach
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp chopped shallots
- 1 ½ ounces anise flavored liquor
- 1 cup grated parmesan
- 1 tbsp butter
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium pot on medium high heat, combine butter, garlic, shallots and saute, add anise liquor.
- Add 1 cup of the heavy cream and allow to cook down for five to 10 minutes on a hard boil.
- Add spinach and cheese; adding more cream if needed.
- Shuck ½ dozen oysters, draining liquor.
- Lay out on baking sheet and using tongs, top with spinach mixture.
- Bake for seven to eight minutes, serve.
Enjoy Oysters Rockefeller with The Williamsburg Winery’s 2018 Wessex Hundred Albariño, a wine similar to a viognier, but with more aromatics. Initially there is a wonderful wild flower, perfumed, botanical quality which leads into the peach, pineapple, pear and apricot notes.